As a mother, I am always looking for fun, frugal educational ways to interact with & entertain my daughter, niece & friends' children. And thankfully, the internet has a plethora of sites that are kid friendly!
- Disney Junior Games
- Offers a ton of free games for children, including action, dress-up, matching, maze, memory, music, puzzles, colors & shapes games.
- Barnes & Noble Online Storytime
- During online storytime, stories are read by authors & celebrities.
- Dance Mat Typing
- This site offers an introduction to touch typing for children aged 7-11 years.
Each of the 4 levels are divided into 3 stages. Begin at Level 1 and build up your skills gradually through to Level 4.
- GoGo Kabongo develops cognitive skills that are essential to reading. fun, educational children’s games will build confidence and stay challenging with auto-leveling games that advance at your child’s pace. Discover three different games in each habitat, each with six levels. For ages 4-7.
- Starfall is an educational alternative to other entertainment choices for children. It is a free public service to teach children to read with phonics. Their method of instruction motivates children in an atmosphere of imagination and enthusiasm, provides opportunities for child-directed instruction, and supports English language learners and struggling readers learning alongside their peers.
- Offers thousands of FREE coloring pages, craft ideas & lesson plans.
- Sheppard Software Geography Games
- By playing Sheppard Software's free geography games, you will gain a mental map of the world's continents, countries, capitals, & landscapes!
- Multiplication Games
- Each game is free and designed to help students learn the times tables. They are currently on pace to add one new game per month.