July 07, 2011

My Recent Shopping Trip to Target...the Clearance Edition!


So, it's been awhile since I've posted one of my recent shopping trips...and that's because I simply haven't been shopping! Ever since we came back from vacation in June, I've been in a coupon rut. I think the cause of my lack of motivation is because I'm pretty behind on clipping my coupons & organizing them in my binder.  I will say that is the major downfall in the method I've chosen.  However, knowing how much more money I would spend at the store without coupons keeps me from going, so we've been using up some of our stockpile!

But back to my shopping trip... I did peruse Target today because I had to get out of the house.  You know what kind of day I'm talking about...the days when you feel claustrophobic & all you want is to see other adults, even if it's only in passing?  So we headed out for a little Target outing.  And even though I only had 2 coupons with me (oh, the horror!), I was still able to find some amazing deals on winter clothes & gifts (I LOVE their clearance racks)!  Seeing that it's less than 6 months to Christmas, I'm always on the lookout for frugal gift ideas!!

 Total Spent: $38.55


Here's What I Bought:

  • 3 Long Sleeve T-Shirts, $2 each on clearance
  • 1 Sweater, $4.98 on clearance
    • I'm trying to stock up on clothes for this fall & winter while it's on sale!
  • 4 Wall Frames, $3.68 each on clearance
    • These will be perfect Christmas gifts for my grandmothers & my parents once I add pictures of my daughter:)
  • 1 Table Top Photo Frame, $1.98 on clearance
  • Circo Train Block Set, $6.98 on clearance
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Large Activity Pad & Crayons, $5
  • 2 Gerber Graduates Lil' Entrees, $1.79 each
    • Used (2) $1/1 Gerber Graduates Lil' Entrees coupon
  • 1 Gerber Graduates Pasta & Shells, $0.99
I'm not sure exactly how much I saved since everything I purchased (except the Gerber items) were on clearance, but I am pretty  happy with this trip! My gift closet is full & I'm already more than half way finished shopping for Christmas!  Talk about being prepared! ;)

So if I can suggest anything, I'd say always head toward the clearance racks before you leave Target (or any other store), because you never know what great things you'll find!

No comments:

Post a Comment