September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11/01



"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward & freedom will be defended."
President George W. Bush
September 11, 2001

Where were you on September 11, 2001?


I promise I will never forget. 

I was in my dorm room at college, watching the news.  I remember feeling as if everything was in slow motion when I saw the second plane crashing into the second tower.  It seemed impossible. 
This is America-things like this didn't happen here...at least that's what I thought back then.

I realize now that national borders & oceans can't keep all danger out. 
The world can be an angry & scary place.

But America, even at our lowest point, is still the greatest nation.
I will always be thankful for being born in this great country...
a Republic where others were willing to die so others could be saved.

No matter how hard our country has been hit with economic woes,
political differences or tragedies such as September 11th,

America will always be one

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations
of our biggest buildings, but they cannot
touch the foundation of America.
These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent
the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because
we are the brightest beacon for freedom
and opportunity in the world.
And no one will keep that light from shining. "
President George W. Bush
September 11, 2001


I choose to remember, to replay the videos & pictures & remember what was lost...
and also what was gained.

We lost thousands of people on American soil,
but we gained a sense of unity that day we haven't felt since. 


Together, in memory we stand unified.

No comments:

Post a Comment