I absolutely love caramel apples-especially when the air is crisp. In my opinion, it's the perfect Fall treat! However, melting caramel on the stove is often quite difficult, as it is hard to get the correct temperature & consistency. This crockpot method is a fool proof way for making caramel apples. You can decorate them with chopped nuts, sprinkles or chocolate chips to make them extra special!
- 1 -2 bags caramel candies -unwrapped (This time of year in the produce section, there should be bags of soft caramel to complete with popsicle stick handles.)
- 2 TBSP water
- Apples (one bag of caramel makes 4 large apples)
- Nuts/Sprinkles/Chocolate chips
- Use a 2 qt or larger crock pot
- Add the caramels and 2 tablespoons of water to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours, checking every 20 minutes or so. The caramel is ready when it is shiny and can be stirred easily.
- Put the popsicle sticks or wooden dowels into the apples by the stems. Use a spoon to ladle the caramel over the apple, and swirl to completely cover the whole thing. Dip into chopped nuts or sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool on parchment paper or Release foil.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Serves: 4 (1 bag of caramel makes 4 large apples)
**You can find more Recipes HERE**