If you're looking for a quick, easy & healthy snack, these No Bake Energy Bites are definitely going to become a favorite!
No Bake Energy Bites
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal (can use gluten free oatmeal)
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips or diary free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- **You can substitute almost anything for any of the ingredients to work around food allergies, special diets, etc. Soy butter, almond butter, cashew butter, sun butter, etc all works in place of peanut butter. You can use creamed or liquid honey, or agave nectar in place of the honey. If you do not like or cannot eat coconut try some type of crushed cereal, wheat germ, whole wheat flour, granola, cocoa powder...the possibilities are really endless. If you cannot find ground flaxseed you can buy it whole and grind it yourself in a coffee grinder or magic bullet or you can substitute any other dry ingredient in it's place. Yes, the mini chocolate chips can be regular sized or carob or you can use raisins, cranberries, or crushed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, etc) of some kind