April 14, 2011

DIY: Homemade Baby Wipes


If you are a Mom, then you understand how quickly you can go through baby wipes...how can someone so little make that many messes?? And although I try to stockpile baby wipes when I find a great coupon/sale, I started wondering if it would be cheaper (not to mention friendlier on the Earth) if I made my own wipes...I looked around and found a recipe (there are a few different types of recipes out there) & although I haven't personally tried making them yet, I'm definitely considering it!




What You'll Need:
(makes 2 containers of wipes)

1 Large roll of "strong" papertowels
1 large knife (to cut the papertowels in half)
2 Large plastic containers with airtight lids
1 mixing bowl
2 cups water
1 tbs of baby oil
1 tbs of baby soap

    The Steps:
    1. Carefully cut the roll of papertowels in half using a large knife 
    2. Once the roll is cut in half, remove the cardboard roll from each half, so you will be able to easily pull a papertowel out of the center of the roll.
    3. Mix the following ingredients in a mixing bowl:
    4. 2 cups of water
    5. 1 tbs of baby oil
    6. 1 tbs of baby soap
    7. Place each halves of papertowels in a plastic container. Pour half of the wipes solution into each container. Close the container with an airtight lid.
    8. Allow solution to soak into the papertowels before attempting to use as baby wipes.

      The Finished Product:



      Let me know if you have tried this before-I'd love some suggestions!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment