It's been a long time. 5 years, actually. 5 years since I've posted on this blog. 5 years since I've had the time, energy, confidence, patience or honestly, even the desire to write. It's been a long 5 years.
So what happened? Why did I just up and disappear one day? Well....
- My daughter, a former preemie (who was 2 at the time) was busy, busy with therapy (Feeding, Speech, OT, etc).
- My father was very sick at the time, always in and out of the hospital never knowing what to expect.
- My marriage was crumbling
- It was time to consider going back to work, at least part time.
- I started (and eventually sold) a local business that took up a lot of time and patience
- Depression creeped in and started destroying parts of my life.
But guess what? 5 years later and I'm in a much better place.
- Is my marriage perfect? Of course not. But it's better.
- My daughter is now 7, finishing the first grade & she is FLOURISHING! You'd never know she spent the first 100 days of her life in the NICU. Or that she had a G-tube until she was 2. Or that she wasn't meeting milestones when other children her age were, until she was 3.
- I have had the most amazing job for the last 4 years! I adore my boss. I adore my coworkers. I actually enjoy going to work and I am so thankful for this opportunity.
- I talked to my doctor regarding my depression and anxiety and I have been on daily meds that help me so much (PLEASE: if you struggle with either, please don't hesitate to talk to your doctor, or your spouse/family or friends. IT CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE, for the better!)